Voting

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I threw away my scale this morning...

I threw away my scale. It is broken. It is weighing 10 lbs heavy (Levi agrees with me--I'm not just in denial about my weight). And of course, weighing someone ten pounds heavy is not to be tolerated! Of course, if it was broken the other way and weighing 10 lbs light. I would keep it forever and cherish it! You see then if you went to the doctor and got weighed you could say..."hmmm...this can't be right. My scale at home says...." Yes, if I had a scale that weighed me ten pounds light I would cherish it. If we ever had a house fire it would be the children...the family pictures...and the scale! (I would of course conveniently forget that it isn't telling me an accurate number!) But--sigh--my scale is broken the other way. So after getting on this morning, being shocked and depressed before remembering that it was broken--I decided that I didn't to put myself through this once a month (when I get brave enough to weigh myself). So I just picked it up and threw it away. I must say very refreshing! And bonus, I found my lost good eyeliner! All in all, a good way to start the day!

2 comments:

  1. Which is exactly the reason that I keep my 5-pounds light scale and won't let dad throw it away. It IS depressing to go to the doctor's office though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got on a broken scale once when i got off my mission, it was 45 pounds off

    jace

    ReplyDelete