Voting

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

vacation and a new pet!





We spent a week in Polson and at the cabin on Ashley Lake. Despite several injuries, we had a wonderful time! Here are a few pictures to show what fun we had! One of the days, we went to a kiddee Rodeo in Ronan. At the rodeo, Bridger entered in the chicken run and despite overwhelming odds against him, he actually caught a chicken! The prize--he got to keep the chicken. I protested at first, saying there was no way to bring it home across the state (but my darling mother in law lent us a pet carrier--bless her heart!) Bridger seemed pretty attached to it too (he named it Henny Penny) and it turns out I am a wimp at saying no to my kids. Side note--eight hours into our long journey home, our van took on the smell of chicken poop--I don't recommend traveling ten hours with poultry in your vehicle if any of you are considering it! Anyways we did get her home without incident--on the up side, I told the kids we could only have two pets at a time so we got rid of the stupid degu! Yeah! I feel like I traded up in the pet scale. They both poop and have to be taken care of--but unlike the degu--the chicken does not bite us every time it is picked up and it can be kept outside and it can lay up to four eggs a week. Good bye dumb degu...hello Henny Penny!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow my previous comment was deleted. Let me just say that the chicken and the fish are cute. Thanks for posting the pictures and keeping us up to date. Dad wondered how you know your chicken isn't a rooster.

    ReplyDelete