Voting

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am once again a licensed driver...

For all who where wondering....I passed my tests so I am once again a licensed driver. We woke up to snow this morning so that only added to my anxiety. I went to spin class first (where I am supposed to keep my heart rate between 120- 130 while working out because I am pregnant) but because I was so worried my resting heart rate was 103 (normally it is 75) so that didn't go to well. The people that do the driver's licensing have to drive over from Miles City (about an hour away) and they where a half hour late just getting there. By this point, I have worked my self up to a slight dither. Ironically, the enclimate weather worked in my favor. The place (which I understand is usually packed) was not busy at all--resulting in unusual good moods for the DMV people. I passed my written test, and then had to go out for the driving one. But because the roads where so yucky, I literally had to drive about three blocks before we went back. I did have to do the dreaded parallel parking but lets face it, we don't have a lot of opportunities for that in Colstrip--so I just had to pull up next to a car and "pretend" there was a car behind me. Whew! That took a lot of pressure off. I am a nervous giggler, so I was giggling a little bit to my self, and then had to explain how I was not a very good parallel parker--and how I had never really had to practice it. The lady said, oh you did fine--weather or not I did, I don't really care because I PASSED! (And bonus, I actually got a good driver's license picture--so all in all the stars must have been aligned!). The moral of this story is NEVER let my license expire again...can anyone suggest a way that I could remind myself in eight years?

4 comments:

  1. Tie a string to your finger. When the finger turns black and falls off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to get new license plates and the lady looked at my driver's license and said, "Oh, your license is about to expire." And that is how I avoided doing what you just did. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember when Bridger is almost 16 and about to date, right?

    ReplyDelete