Voting

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines Idea

So I got this idea out of the Children's Friend magazine, but we started a new Valentines family tradition. It is called the Love Basket. Everyone in the family gets the love basket for one day (We started this on Monday night for Family Home Evening). Now, in the friend it says to decorate or create on yourselves--but because I am pretty lazy, I just grabbed a cheap pink Easter basket we had hanging around the house. The first day Levi had the love basket, so everyone drew pictures or wrote nice notes about things they liked about him or how much they loved him and filled up the basket. The next day was Bridger...then Bailey..and so on. (You get the idea) I was surprised at how excited the kids where to do this for each other--and how much they loved it when it was there day! I think it will be a new Sloan Family tradition.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that in the friend and thought it was so cute! I wasn't sure if it would be too advanced for my kids, but I think I'll put a pin in it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you even find time for family home evening. Good for you for starting a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete