Voting

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hansel and Gretel...


Levi took the kids minus Bailey to a graduation open house on Saturday. Bailey and I stayed home because we where feeling under the weather. The next day at church, my friend came up to me and said that her sister wanted to "gobble Kes up, she was so cute!" After church, at lunch, I was telling Levi the story in front of the kids. Kes's eyes grew large. She asked to say the prayer over the food. Amongst other things, she prayed, "and please don't let anyone gobble me up!" In her bedtime that night she said, "and please let that mean lady who wants to eat me be far far away!" Maybe I should try to clarify this slang a little for her...poor girl thinks she is the next Gretel...

3 comments:

  1. LOL! That is hilarious!!! Seriously Riki, you need to write a book!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to gobble Kes up, but please don't tell her. I want her to still like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to pretend to "eat" Emily. Her elbow was a cookie, her fingers were candy, etc. Of course, her tummy was a "raspberry". Maybe if you play that game with Kes, it will ease her mind.

    ReplyDelete