Voting

Friday, June 4, 2010

batterd' up!

Last winter when Bridger asked me if he could do wrestling, I grimaced (envisioning me having to watch him twisted into a pretzel) and told him--sorry, it is just to violent--why don't you try baseball in the spring. However, Wednesday night's game gave me second thoughts about the "saftey" of baseball! First, when Bridger was batting, he got pelted on the finger. Now, for those of you who know Bridger know that he has the pain tolerance of a flea--but to his credit, he did not cry just took his base. Two minutes later, when the next kid actually hit the ball, Bridger was on his way to second...unfortunately, he got about two steps when the first base player accidentally tripped him. Also, unfortunately, Bridger was wearing shorts so he got his knees all bloodied up. The umpire deemed him "safe" on second even though he had been tagged out because he was tripped by the first baseman. Finally, to add insult to injury--Bridger got tagged out on his way to home plate. The evening went on fairly uneventfully after that until about ten minutes till the end of the game. Bridger and some of his friends where goofing off in the dug out when Bridger got sand thrown in his eyes. He of course did begin crying at that point because he couldn't see. As I loaded up Bridger into the van I looked at him. His knees where bloody, his finger bruised and swollen, his eyes blood-shot and full of tears--I thought...yep...much safer than wrestling...I think...

3 comments:

  1. Poor Bridger! And yet...giggle, giggle, giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are like that...even in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget how beat up and bruised kids get. Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete