Voting

Friday, June 18, 2010

how we came to have a degu...

Yesterday was the Relay for Life Rummage Sale (and you know me, I can't pass up a good yard sale). However, this one was a little unusual because they where selling a degu there (for those of you who don't know what that is, it looks like a hamster but with a tail--I actually think it is most closely related to the prairie dog). Of course my children fixated on that. After asking like ten times if they could have it and me saying no, I finally said (just to get them out of there) lets ask dad what he thinks. I don't know about you,but I get sick of being the "bad guy" so I like to spread it around a little bit. After we came home, I got busy getting ready for an Relief Society meeting and forgot about it...of course Bridger did not. He asked his dad and told him how much he wanted it. Might I remind you from previous blog that Bridger recently had his tonsils out and so he has been working that angle :) Anyways, Levi apparently didn't want to be the bad guy either because before I knew it he had loaded all the kids up and taken them down to see it...and ten dollars later, they where unloading it in the drive way. "What! Why didn't you say no!" was my response--to which he replied, "why didn't you?" Dang. He had me there. So the lesson I learned is, better just to be a bad guy or you might end up with another pet. The kids named him Max and he seems to be pretty tame. The cat wants to eat him, so that should be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Riki, you got to get a grip, girl....you'll end up that soft mom like me. Soon your degu and cat will have 3 dogs, a rat (one of Levi's favorite pets) and an iguana to go with them!! Mom just one more.....Practice saying NO...You know how you are supposed to practice making the decision before you are tempted so it becomes easy! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi is like me. Our first response is Yes. Only later do we regret it. I suppose it could "accidentally" escape in the cat's presence when you get tired of taking care of it. Maybe it will keep Bridger entertained while he recovers.

    ReplyDelete