Voting

Friday, June 11, 2010

vacation Bible School

The kids got invited to Vacation Bible School again and I thought, "heck yeah! A vacation for four days from bored and fighting kids (and we have only been out of school for a week!) So I signed up Bailey and Bridger. It has been an interesting experience. Bridger came home after the first day and said, "mom, I don't think we should go anymore because it isn't The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!" I assured him that we would still retain our membership in our church and this was just to learn some Bible stories. That seemed to pacify him (after all they do play games, eat snacks and make crafts--all things Bridger loves). The next night he came home and told me that they learned about John 6:29--and he asked to look it up and read it. We read it together and he was again confused because it sounded different than the one they read--so I explained that we used the King James Version and they probably have a different version of the Bible. Bridger has been reading his Book of Mormon nightly--the irony is that it took going to a Lutheran Bible school to interest him in that particular pursuit, but hey I will take it! For scripture study in the morning, the kids told us stories they had learned at school. Then Bailey was at a baseball game and she was talking to her friend and telling her, "ummm, our church is the true church! Sorry your church isn't true." So we had to have a discussion about how that isn't a nice thing to say to other people. But I guess her testimony was not shaken during VBS. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have just illustrated the reason I love living in the "mission fields" of the church. Our children need to know for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed by Bridger's Book of Mormon reading (and I also got a good laugh out of Bailey's bluntness)!

    ReplyDelete