Voting

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A tip about locked doors....

I watch a little boy named Wally. His is 2 and a half. Kes loves to play with him! Yesterday they got into a little adventure together! Now all of our upstairs doors lock but they are very easy to unlock. The downstairs doors are older and a very different story. Yesterday, Wally and Kes were downstairs watching Thomas (which they are usually glued to) I was upstairs helping Bridger with his valentines--he is making homemade ones this year--teacher mandated-I would never do that by my own choice...I'm way to lazy! Anyways, my mom calls and I'm talking to her. Things are going along swimmingly. Then I run downstairs to check on Kes and Wally. They have totally abandoned their posts on the couch and gone into our spare bedroom/office locking the door behind them. Kes is knocking on the door saying, "momma, let me out!" Wally had locked the door (I know it was him because I've seen him do it upstairs) and then couldn't figure out how to unlock the cursed thing. He was happy as a lamb playing and would only come over and jiggle the door knob when I said, "wally, come unlock the door!" Kes on the other had realized the nature of the situation and dissolved into hysterical crying. I am desperately trying to find something small enough with a flat end to fit into the hole and be able to turn it. The only thing I can find that will even fit into the lock is a nail and it is pointed on the end. I am at this point feeling slightly like how Kes feels. Fortuitously, my neighbor came over for something. She said, oh yeah the same thing happened to me when my daughter was two. Just take off the door knob. Light goes on in the head! Thank you! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! The door knob came off very easily (just had to remove two screws) and they where free five minutes later. Kes rushed into my arms (never desiring to be put down again). Wally on the other hand, didn't even come out of the room--that is how serious he thought the situation was. Something tells me he has locked himself in rooms before. So there is my piece of advice. If your kid is locked in think door knob not lock!

1 comment: