Voting

Monday, February 1, 2010

Update on the car theft...

So here is the rest of the story. I guess after the called and reported the car stolen, a cop down in Ashland (a town on the reservation about 50 miles from here)found it about 10 minutes later. Apparently, she had taken it to go visit some relatives. So the car and the lady's wallet (which apparently also was taken) was returned with out any damage. The woman was taken to the Colstrip jail (that is right we have two tiny jail cells--I know because Bridger and I took a "fieldtrip" to it last year with all the other kindergartners. Apparently, her family was very happy to find out that she had stolen a car because it meant she would qualify to go to a drug treatment facility. A few weeks ago, a TV was stolen from our library. Everyone is wondering if she was behind that too. Who knows. But hey, I live in Colstrip population 2500. Two hours from the nearest city. I'll take any excitement I can get!

2 comments:

  1. I believe there is more excitement in small towns. At least the news travels quickly!

    ReplyDelete