Voting

Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a day to miss church!

Okay, so we stayed home from church today because Kes is sick. I thought nothing of it until Levi (who had gone to church) called me to say he wouldn't be home for awhile. I thought nothing of it...Levi often is an hour or two later getting home than us because he has to help with tithing. Then he told me the most amazing story! The missionaries have been bringing an investigator to church for a few months. She is from Lame Deer (the Indian reservation 25 miles south of our town). Anyways,this investigator, Crystal sometimes brings her niece and nephew to church with her. They are a little wild but have been doing better and everyone thinks Crystal is great. Anyways, today during third hour, Crystal rummaged through coats hanging in the hall until she found car keys. She stole someones car! She took off and left her niece and nephew at the church! After church, everyone was looking for Crystal and then Sister Nash came in and said both her keys and car where gone! Wild! Levi had to give a statement to the police (as did her niece and nephew who testified that they saw her take the keys out of the coat pocket before church started) When he called me, I was quiet disappointed that I had missed all the excitement. He told me he was glad I had stayed home as our van was not that had been stolen. I told him he really didn't need to worry because I put my keys in my diaper bag and they are really really hard to find. In speak from experience...sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to find my keys--but at least now I know they are really much safer that way! Could I market a really messy diaper bag as an anti theft device?

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain in missing out on car theft Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I guess this means she won't be baptized! giggle, giggle.

    ReplyDelete