Voting

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Laundry day and lists...

I don't know if anyone else is like me...but I kinda of take the weekend off in terms of housework. So, I always have a very messy house on Monday. Also, because I HATE doing laundry I try to do it only once a week. (Which of course means I am doing laundry from dawn to dusk--and it often spills over to Tuesday...sometimes Wednesday) I also often have to run errands on Monday too. It makes for a very busy day. So what is the point of this rambling about the domestic disaster I face every Monday. It brings me to my slight OCD thing I do. I make lists for everything. But especially "TO Do" lists. My planner is always filled. I just take so much satisfaction in crossing things off of the list. I admit that sometimes I add things I have already done so that I can cross them off my list. It just feels so good--you list makers out there know what I mean. I should add, that while I am a list maker, I rarely get through my lists by the end of the day. You see not everything on a list is created equal...clean the house takes five hours to do. However, take the garbage to the curb only takes five minutes. So you can see why when I have lots of time consuming items on my lists, I will quickly write something like, "brush teeth" or "make bed" done! Yes! So yesterday I did get pretty close to everything done--more than 60% and that is a good day--one worth writing about for me! (And I didn't even add "brush teeth!")

2 comments:

  1. You are so much like me, and evidently my mother and her mother were the same. Grandpa used to tell Grandma to space things out and not try to do everything on one day. The problem with doing it all on one day is that the next day you're good for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I understand the satisfaction of crossing things off of the list! I am a list maker too.

    ReplyDelete