Voting

Friday, January 29, 2010

Another one bites the dust!

So two nights ago, our dang cat (I think it was trying to get revenge from us spaying it) pushed Bridger's fish tank off the book case somehow (as well as his rock collection which was also in a glass bowl). I guess we must have been tired as we all slept through it. At 2:30 in the morning Bridger called for me asking me to get him a drink of water. I wasn't completely awake as I walked into his room and handed him the water. But even in my delirium I thought, Hmmmm....something seems wrong here...there is glass and rocks and what's that smell...fish water...? As I came to my senses a little more I saw Bridger's fish named Bite laying on the floor dead. Now I wasn't completely sensible because I announced to Bridger that his fish was dead. He responded by sobbing uncontrollably. I was thinking, "good grief. It is just a fish. And I was the one who fed it and kept the tank clean." Of course none of that matters at three in the morning. I finally got Bridger to settle down by promising that I would talk to dad about a replacement fish in the morning. I personally am trying to get out of it...I think fish are the dumbest pets ever! You can't play with them or even touch them...all you do is feed them and clean up after them. I should have been overjoyed that Bite finally bit the dust--but as I got into bed my mind was reverberating between two thoughts...what a huge mess awaited me come morning and how on earth did I sleep through that crash...someone could have broken a window and got into our home and I wouldn't have heard it...neither thought was too conducive to sleep. But fall asleep I did. That pretty much set a theme for the day (water messes). Bridger spilled water all over himself right before he was supposed to leave for the bus--making him miss the bus. I don't care to dwell on the negative but it was not a great day. At about five, Kes said she needed to go potty. I bent over to flush the toilet(as it was full of pee pee) and my keys fell into the toilet and disappeared! Aaahh! My only set of keys for the van--as to make a duplicate costs $100. Not to mention what it would do to our septic system! So without delay I threw my arm down into the pee pee toilet as far as it would go and caught the very edge of my keys as they were about to disappear forever. A fitting end to the day I thought to myself as I changed my urine soaked shirt. Some days are like that...even in Australia!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had a rotten day, but you sure turned it into a hilarious story. Poor Bridger. As a side note, when I think of you and pet fish...I think about you and Heather and your free gold fish that you spent twenty bucks on for a nice fish tank and then they died in less than a week. I can see that your sentiments towards pet fish have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kind of proud of you to reach down the toilet. Way to go super mom!

    ReplyDelete