Voting

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Post holiday cleaning

I got home from vacation and immediately had a huge mess. Not only did I have all the unpacking and dirty laundry to deal with but also all the Christmas stuff to put away. (I wonder why when it is so much fun to get Christmas stuff out--it is such drudgery putting it back away.) Here is how my week has gone so far.
Monday. Exercised.Laundry started. Some unpacking done. Ran errands. Can't see the floor. Husband puts new vacuum together(old one died before Christmas) trying to entice me to use it. No clean floor to use it on.
Tuesday. Exercised.Folding all the wrinkled laundry that has been sitting in baskets for a day now. Kitchen clean! Still haven't used vacuum. Went to story time and tumbling. Explained to husband that if I had been home, the house would be clean. On the upside, so much junk in our room that Kes is too scared to come join us in the middle of the night in our bed.
Wednesday. Exercised. Husband came home for lunch. I told him that I was definitely going to clean the house this afternoon. He smiled and didn't say a thing, but in his smile I the "you are full of it but I love you to much to say anything." What I read into his smile made me feel motivated. Got my whole upstairs cleaned! Used the vacuum! Cleaned all three (thats right...not one..not two..but three) bathrooms. Still need to tidy a little downstairs, but vast improvement!
*For those of you who are reading this and thinking--my goodness, what does she do all day--why can't she get her house clean--let me tell you something. I could clean my house in an hour if I didn't have kids! Have you ever tried doing a job while being interrupted every few minutes? About every two minutes I hear "mom!mom!mom!mommmmmm!!" this sentence could be finished with any of the following "could you get...." or "She hit me!" or "I need a bandaid." So when I am not being the maid, the cook, the referee or the nurse--I try to get some cleaning in. But I am outnumbered! The fact is that while just the one of you is cleaning three of them are making messes! I've decided to make something my mom told me my personal motto about my house--"clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment