Voting

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Serenity Now!

While I was in yoga class we were doing our final meditation and breathing when our instructor tried something new. She had us cover our right nostril and so we could only breath out of our left. She "claimed" research had been done stating breathing out of only your left nostril has a calming effect. I started to chuckle to myself thinking of the situations where I could suddenly plug my right nostril. If the kids are driving me crazy I'll just walk around with a piece of cotton stuck up my nose. What about at church? Okay--there is five minutes until primary and you won't be able to do sharing time after all--enter finger into nose. Maybe I should just use a piece of cotton at church too as it is kind of stress full after all. When people would ask me, do you have a bloody nose, I would serenely reply, "No just staying calm." Or how about we were supposed to be somewhere five minutes ago, Kes is screaming, and Bridger can't find his shoes, and Bailey is pouting that her polly pocket can't come with her. I would just take a deep breath and say, "Now lets all just take a minute and stick our finger up our nose and I am sure we will all feel better."

3 comments:

  1. Fingers, Chocolate chips, beans, whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had a former roommate that told me to do one-nostril breathing in order to calm down before a talk in church! Also, Robyn's blog is www.robandty.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete