Voting

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mr. Smarty pants...

My sister, Kodie wrote some funny things her boys said. It must run in the family. Right after dinner, Bridger came to show me his finger. He had put a toy spatula which had a small hole on the end on his finger like a ring. Unfortunately, Bridger has meaty hands and sausage fingers. So the finger has swollen and turned a deep purple. I have to give myself credit for not totally panicking and reacting to that panic by laughing hysterically. I calmly poured a cup of oil on his finger and pulled with all my might. After about 30 seconds where I thought, crap--now I have to go to the emergency room--it finally pulled off. I am sure it didn't feel good--but to Bridger's credit he didn't cry. About five minutes later, I remembered that he still had his spelling words to do. I said to him, "Bridger time to do your homework." To which he replied with only the complete sincerity only Bridger can muster--"but mom, you wouldn't do that to a boy with a purple finger, would you?" He didn't have to do his spelling words.

1 comment: