Voting

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Interesting compliment

So today at church Levi's cousin told me "I like your dress--You look very lanky." Is that a compliment? I laughed and told her thanks. Since Bailey told me that I looked pregnant in the dress--maybe lanky evens out pregnant. Other mixed compliments I remember receiving through my life. "I like your lipstick...it looks like you had a collagen injection." Here is another good one. " Who cuts your hair?" I tell her. "My stylist told me when I moved here just to ask someone (who I like their haircut) who cuts there hair. The problem is I don't like anybodies hair in Colstrip." I was left thinking was that a compliment or a slight? But as the wise Jane Austin once said, "What is life for [...]but to laugh at our neighbors in our turn."

2 comments:

  1. Riki, I just knew that you and blogging would do great together. I am loving all over your posts. I think that it is a Stott gift to make the ordinary, the annoying, or sometimes the awful things in life humorous or even hysterical. Yes, I do have to laugh at the compliments with the back handed insults. A few years ago, I had my haircut really short and my boss told me, "I LOVE your new haircut. It looks soooo much better!"...So what are you trying to say about my previous look for the past two years...I guess that tact is a gift that some will never have and are completely oblivious too. Yes, your buddy Jane Austin is wise.

    Thanks for posting your book reviews. Also, I enjoyed your post about Bridger and you laughing your heads off over a Dr. Seuss book. It made me think of all of the times we had giggle attacks together. Do you remember in sacrament meeting when Sis. Smith sat her granddaughter on her lap and told her to be a good girl because she was being a little sassy for her mom and then the lil' girl just whacked Sis. Smith right across the face...when we saw this, we couldn't stop laughing. We were laughing so hard that we had to leave the meeting and I think that we laughed about that until sacrament meeting finally ended. I'm glad that Bridger has inherited your contagious laugh. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of remind me of the time when P.Smith said the ward would really miss Kevin.

    ReplyDelete