Voting

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A good memory...bedtime giggles

Bridger has been reading me a book every night as part of our bedtime routine so that he can get his book it filled. Anyways, last night he was reading Green Eggs and Ham by Doctor Suess. It was a rare time when it was just him and I because the girls where already asleep. I am sure all of you are familiar with the book. So if you have this book, pull it out and look at the illustrations. In some of the drawings, Dr. Suess draws a bum crack on his characters. A fact that Bridger pointed out to me by pointing to it, then covering his mouth with his hand and giggling behind it. Maybe it was sleep deprivation or just that I was in a silly mood--but I started giggling too (I do have to say in my defense--more at Bridger's reaction than the bum crack). And before I knew it we where both laughing hysterically! One would get composure and then the other one of us would start laughing again and it would start all over. We must have laughed like this for fifteen minutes. Tears where running down both of our faces and I couldn't breathe and my sides ached--but it was so much fun! Bridger and I both have the same good belly laugh when we get laughing really hard. All day today it has just made me smile every time I thought about it. A silly, simple memory I know...but often those are the best ones!

4 comments:

  1. It makes me giggle just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle too just reading about it because I could picture it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those moments. When I forget about everything and live in the moment with my kiddos. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good mama! You really get it kiddo. Makes life so much more fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete